Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day Three: Got the Book!

Yippy! Dr. Graham's book finally came in the mail today. I am so excited to read it and absorb all the knowledge I can about what the heck I am doing here. Thankfully Sarah's blog has been super informative as well as some others, but it is always nice to have a reference in hand and in home.

Today went fairly well, although starting this new lifestyle is like starting anything new, mainly feeling a little disoriented despite its simplicity. I think things would have gone a bit smoother had a planed a little more in advanced. For example, half of my fruit was ripe the other half was not, but I didn't have enough of just one kind of fruit to make it a "meal" which is key for mono mealing. Therefore, today was kind of an all day grazing fest which was ok, but hard to keep track of how much I was actually consuming and whether or not I was feeling hungry or peckish.

I am already anticipating that 50 pounds of exposed fruit in our little Manhattan apt is going to attacked all kinds of unwanted critters and things with wings. It's starting to get hot here so you know what that means. I can put some fruit in the fridge, but things like bananas and such that need extra ripening time might be tricky. Humm...any tips anybody?

Was definitely gassier than I would have liked today. Went to bed that way and woke up that way. I think it is the dried fruit...never has really worked for me digestively speaking. Apples might be the culprit too?

According to my scale (mind you is not digital so the numbers are fuzzy and seem to fluctuate depending on how I place my feet) thus far I have lost 2 lbs!? Could that be right?...we shall see what its mood is like tomorrow.

I really am hoping that Dr. D's book with outline how much I am supposed to consume everyday. So far I am just using my intuition and stomach as guides, but I am sure there is a formula to follow.

I have been getting tons of sun lately and people are shocked when they see how tan I am! Everyone can't believe that I didn't go somewhere tropical! haha I have to say since being raw, my sensitivity to the sun has decreased significantly. In the past my skin used to burn, my eyes used to kill when it was bright out,my energy would feel zapped and my mood would be edgy when hot. Now, i love it and can't get enough!! Thankfully every afternoon I nanny for a 7 year old who loves to play outside, so there I am in the park basking in the sun and getting paid to do it! Now that is a great health plan!

Today I had:

Upon Awakening:
Lots of water

Pre-yoga breakie:
20 oz tri-berry smoothie with sprulina

30 min power walk to a
2 hour advance yoga class

Post-yoga breakie:
32oz banana and celery shake (yum!)

30 min leisure walk home via the farmers market--the strawberries are here!

Lunch:
Nori rolls stuffed with tons of fresh spinach, arugula, sunflower sprouts, curry sauerkraut and spring onions

1 hour power walk to work

Afternoon never ending snacking (whoops!-- although I think this happened because there was no fat with lunch and low-calorie greens so I was hungry most of the afternoon):

2 apples
1 lbs cherries ( first of the season!)
1 nectarine
1 mango
1 navel orange

1 hour power walk home

Dinner:
1 avocado with a little seasalt--ate it right out of the shell
Banana/cinnamon/raisin pudding
More raisin noshing....followed by gas, ekkk!

I wasn't going to have the avocado, but it was ripe and I was hankering for something savory and dense, so I went for it. BUT, I am very proud to say that there were my favorite organic tortillas chips in the house that I could have easily devoured ( and would have 3 days ago as they are my cooked-food-junk-food weakness), but I didn't! WHOOHOO!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah critters = yuck! And sun = fun! :) With 811 there is a bit of a learning curve but give yourself some time and hopefully you will enjoy it a lot! ((hugs))