Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day Four: Feeling Bold & Beautiful

....awww, these guys are so cute I could gobble them up! And how!

So this may come as a surprise to those of you who know me, but strangely enough I have a bit of a phobia with the phone. I get so anxious over calling people. I say strange, because in all other cases I am a super outgoing, socializing, world traveling kind of gal, but for some reason I hate calling people and am always relieved when it goes to voicemail. Anyways, I am bringing this up because today I didn't have any of those usual trepidations?! I woke up this morning and said to my fiance Michael, " today I am calling your sister, your mother and your uncle (whom I have only met in person once a year ago and have not talked to since)!" I just felt like connecting with those that I normally have such resistance calling up.

I don't know if I have the fruit to thank for this shift or what, but I just am feeling so emotionally free this week. Nothing is really bothering me, or if it does it passes very quickly without much thought.

Living in the heart of NYC, feeling this way is a god sent I tell you! In the past I have often felt that half of my energy and most of my youth gets devoured by the constant negotiation of space, the vicious cycles of fight or flight and keeping anger and frustration at bay.

With all this extra energy, I am spending it in more empowered ways (like calling up the people I love) and feeling radiant at the end of the day rather than defeated. Hence blogging at midnight! LOL

Today I had:

Upon awakening: 7:30am Big ol' glass of water

30 min power rebounding (doing a lot more jogging on it than bouncing which really gets me sweating!)

Breakfast: 10:00am
32 oz "Pretty-n-Pink" makeover: grapefruit, blood oranges, strawberries

20 min walk to job #1

Snack: 1pm
12oz coconut water

20 min walk back from job #1 via trader joe's for bananas only to find every single one of them BRIGHT green :(

Lunch: 2:00pm
Banana and celery shake --added one less stock of celery this time which made it much tastier

1 hour walk to job #2
20 mins eating the sunshine

Snack: 4:45pm
3 cups fresh strawberries

Dinner: 6:15
5 champagne mangoes -- I feel like a wild animal eating these guys!

1 hour walk back from job #2, feeling hungry AGAIN!

2nd Dinner: 9pm
Two monster nori rolls stuffed with fresh spinach, kraut, sunflower sprouts with a tomato (fresh), sundried tomato, basil and parsley dipping sauce. I ate the left over sauce like a soup!
Big handful of sugar snap peas fresh from the green market that tasted like candy.
Last bit of dried fruit in the house: persimmons and raisins --won't be getting more of these bad boys for a good while

I do wonder if taking the subway (my other "phobia") rather than walking to and fro (ends up being btw 5 and 6 miles a day) would make me feel less hungry less often? I am sure it would but I can stomach the thought of an underground commute everyday. So I guess eating wins! Whoohoo

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi! just to let you know..you're not alone with the phone phobia thing!! I thought I was the only one! haha Its even worse when I have to call someone..

Sarah said...

Me three! I don't think I'm afraid of the phone, but I just am not one to sit there and chat for an hour...I get too distracted. :)

You're doing great! And you just made me want strawberries. lol

MiandO said...

WOW, I had know idea that other's felt the same about the phone! hehe

Sandy, I just checked out your blog and LOVE IT! You are so brave and witty and I will definitely be tracking your journey too! Good Luck!

Sarah, Thanks for you support -- I love how you still maintain a "beginners mind" despite being a real veteran and role model for all of us real newbies!