Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day Six: Don't Pass The Salt, Please!

Well kids, week one of being fruity has blessed me with so many digestive and mental freedoms, but now it is time to refine even more. One thing is certain: Fruit feels great, BUT my little salty meal at night with the greens, taste good, but makes me look and feel SO puffy in the morning. I already have a round shaped face, so actively making it rounder by eating salt is no good. Mentally it has been hard for me not to have a BIG salad with lots of avocado and a savory dressing, because that has been my staple evening meal for almost a year. Habits are hard to kick. So going from that to either just fruit or a smaller salad with a sweeter dressing has just not been the same. But I know I will get used to it with time and learn to love my new, no salt routine. Funny, in the past, I have always blamed the sugar for being the source of all my issues, but now that I have really simplified things, it has become very clear that it is the salt that needs to go. So it will.

I also got my period today and didn't feel a thing! I only knew it was coming because of the date, not because of any uncomfortable PMS symptoms! I have never had painful periods, but the week before my body tells me loud and clear that it is on its way, namely with chocolate cravings, mild low back pain, breakouts, etc. This time, nahdah --or at least very mild. SO that is good news.

Other good news is that I went and say the Sex in the City movie today with a gaggle of girlfriends and have a total blast! The movie was shockingly well done and I can't wait to see it again. Feeling very celebratory, we went out to one of my favorite raw food joints and had scrumptious salads with avocado and some nuts (just like old times). Definitely more fat than necessary, but I have not had any fats for a couple of days now, so I didn't sweat it and just savored every bite knowing I would not have something this decadent in a good while. But I suppose better to over indulge in avocados than going out to a bar and drinking cosmopolitans all night ;)

Today I had:

Upon awakening:
Water, water, water

Breakfast:
1/3 Honey Dew Melon

45 Min Run (not sure how many miles)

Lunch:
1/3 Honey Dew Melon

Snack:
3/4 Cantaloupe

2 hours later

4 sm bananas

Dinner:
Lg raw salad with avocado, almonds and a oily dressing! Ekkk...but so yummy!

One observation to close with is that I tend to have a few dry, itchy scalp, which has been a lot less so this week since being on fruit, however, almost immediately after eating dinner with all the fats, its started itching like mad! Not sure if it is coincidental or not, but I have a feeling that it has to do with the fats...hummm....I will keep a close eye on this!

No comments: