Friday, May 30, 2008

Day Five: Devils and Angles

..."should I or shouldn't I" (eat my old comfort foods), was the name of the game this week!
Thankfully, the SHOULD NOTS won!


Surprisingly today I did not feel very hungry. I mean I desired food (fruit), but I didn't feel like overindulging myself, which felt freeing. Funny enough though, when I finally walked in the door, totally wiped (I think I had a wave of detox today), I didn't feel hungry, but I did want to numb myself of all the days events and just "veg" on the couch (but not with veggies!;). This is the only time this week that I have seriously craved some of my old nemesis -- but not for their bursting, addictive flavors and textures, but for their numbing effects. I just wanted to turn off for a while, and no matter how much fruit or salad you eat --it ain't going to do it! So I just breathed through it instead of munching through it grumpily, and sure enough it past...phew! I tell you when those feelings hit, it is all I can do to stay out of cupboard.

It is super challenging have junk food in the house, because even though I don't want them in my system any longer, there they are, calling my name and SO accessible! I have to thank the blogging for keeping me on track and accountable. I actually went to reach for the chips, with that little devil voice on my shoulder saying, "it's been a long week, you deserve it" and then the angel on the other countering, "it's up to you, but remember you have to come clean about this on the blog!" Immediately I shut the cupboard and walked away! Guilt+Blogging is a powerful thing! haha

So for sure I am still feeling very much like this is a short term thing..I haven't fully embraced it yet, but my intention is to make this my life's practice so I just need to be patient and SWEET!

Today I had:

Upon awakening:
Lots of water --feeling super puffy and dehydrated from those darn sun dried tomatoes I had last night, which sadly had sulfates in them! Didn't know till after swallowing :(

Breakie:
4 white peaches

90 min yoga class

Lunch:
Peaches-n-Cream (peaches with bananas--yum!)

1 hour brisk walk to work

Snack:
Peaches-n-Cream
Watermelon chunks
1 Orange

45 min brisk walk home

Dinner:
Granny Smith Apple
4 sm bananas
1 med salad with just a smidgen of oil dressing
1 Orange

PS: Better day without the dried fruit!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I had the same troubles with the sundried tomatoes with sulphur, a loooong time ago. Wow did I get sick. :( I'm sorry you had the same experiences!

Sandy said...

HAHHAHA
You're too funny!! Those cupboards are the most convincing little..DEVILS to put it mildly..they only wait for the most vulunerable(sp?) time --especially the end of the day, week, month..grr we gotta fight back!