Friday, June 13, 2008

Weekly Observations

....wow, this image is both fabulous and creepy!



Sorry for being M.I.A, but my folks are in town so here is a quick check in.

Basically this week has been all about trial and error. I have been doing many good things for myself that seem balanced and nourishing, however towards the end of the day there seems to be more of the "error" happening: Overeating and eating too late at night; eating salty foods; staying up too late, eating out and feeling like I don't have many choices and giving in to the social pressures to just be "normal," etc., etc.

The empowering moments have been happening in the mornings starting off with my 45 min to an hour runs along the Hudson River, yoga (at home and in class), elimination (yippy) and eating lots of fruit and green juices.

I am attempting to change my computer work time to the day rather than night as I seem to get super "peckish" for all the wrong things (salty, fatty stuff these days). For some reason doing emails and blogs at night requires "smoke breaks" or rather "snack breaks" in my case, which leaves me heavy and full when going to bed and then sluggish in the mornings.

WATERMELON has done wonders for my running! Being so hydrated makes my recovering time way faster and my muscles far less sore.

I also have been experimenting with when and where to incorporate greens. It seems to vary from day to day, but I *think* (*subject to change every second*) this is what my body likes best:

7am: Run 1 hr
Recovery meal/Breakfast: Citrus or watermelon
Mid Morning snack: Green Juice
1 hr walk to work
Lunch: Mangoes and/or Bananas
Mid Afternoon snack: Green Juice
1 hr walk home
Dinner: Big salad or Big glass of fruit juice
Dessert: Banana or Berry "ice-cream"
Evening stroll

BUT, I definitely crave corn chips and crunchy salty numbers starting in the afternoon. Hoping throwing in a green juice in the afternoon with celery in it will curb that craving. I am SOOOO over it, UGHH! And yet........

Funny how in the past I was always so concerned with controlling my sugar intake, but looks like it is the salt and fats that are causing problems.

Not sure how I am going to fair with my parents in town...but even if I can't put everything I prefer into action, I will be gaining more awareness of what is going on internally and externally! And that is also a gift.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Kyle!
I have the same exact problem! In the morning I'm a "little miss perfect" and righteous with my workout and foods and then..evening comes along. WHo invented evening hours anyway?? to make us suffer? But that's a great idea with the green juice to curb your appetite. Gotta try that! Good luck with your parents!
P.S. that watermelon pic IS creepy hahah

Sarah said...

Evening was always the hardest time for me as well. I'm not sure what it is exactly about that time of day! (((hugs))), you're doing great. Also, that watermelon pic is freakin' weird! In a cool way. :)