Saturday, March 1, 2008

Juice Feast: Day One


Sleep: 1:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Water: 32 ounces with lemon, cayenne, MSM, probiotic
Rebounding: 15mins-- just enough to get last nights "last supper" moving and shaking
Skin brushing, hot/cold shower: YIKES, there is no compromising with my shower- the hot is HOT and the cold is damn COLD
Juice: 32 ounces "green lemonade" -- romaine, celery, collard greens, apple, ginger, lime
Coconut water: 20 ounces
Juice: 22 ounces of pink grapefruit, orange, lime, parsley
Juice: 32 ounces of "Italian Stallion"- celery, carrot, collards, cuke, scallions, basil, endive, dill, lime, tomato, kelp granules
Coconut water: 12 ounces, pure liquid heaven I tell you!
Bee Pollen: 1 Tbsp with cinnamon and 1/2 tsp "enriched" raw honey
Colonic: I am so grateful in times like these that I am a colonic hydrotherapist! My plan is to do three colonics a week with enemas at home in between. Let it flow, baby!
Sauna: 40 mins of sweaty bliss with eucalyptus essential oils

Day one went by so fast! For the most part it was really easy--no crazy hunger, although my tummy did rumble a little waiting in line for my coconut water at Pure Food and Wine Take Away. For those of you that don't live in NYC, Pure is one of the best raw food joints in town. The little take-away cafe, separate from the main restaurant, sells coconut water by the liter and today was a 2 for 1 special! It felt like Christmas...I must be having beginners luck :)

So I was a little short on juices, water and supplements today. Not the best way to start off a feast, but I can tell it is going to take me a few days to figure out how to spend more time drinking and less time shopping, chopping, juicing, working and peeing! Many of my supplements are still on route (I ordered a bunch of them only last week). But its ok, because I want to clear out some "junk" first. In preparation for this cleanse, I was working hard to put on weight (starting weight would have been 126, but now I am 134--with my clothes on) and in the process I ate lots of not so good for me sticky foods. Ekkkk :( Now I have to work hard through this past months muck to get to the good stuff....ahhh the trade offs!

Gil Jacbos, an amazing colonic hydrotherapist here in the city always says in regards to supplements "you can't water a tulip through a brick wall." In other words, if your colon is full nothings gettin' through, so don't waste your time or money. Makes a lot of sense to me!

Other observations on the day-- I need a juice making strategy. I have been drinking a liter plus juice daily for almost a year now, but going from 1 L to 4,5,6 L's is a whole other juicing game! This morning, I found myself wasting a lot of time and energy fumbling around the refrigerator looking for this or that and trying to compose my juicing menu on the spot. Tomorrow's plan will include coming up with my weeks juicing menu and organizing my fridge accordingly for optimal efficiency.

No real emotional ups and downs yet, although my dad emailed me and my older sister a really nice "update" on how things are going for him and family in frigid (-32 below!), snowing northern, VT. My dad rarely takes the initiative to reaches out and connect so when he does it goes straight to my heart. A few tears welled up as I read his email...I wanted to reach through the computer to give him a big hug.

Even though this is just day one, I can already feel my cells are ready to transform themselves into beautiful, delicate, bleeding hearts (one of my favorite flowers).... As intense as it will be, I am SOOO ready to let it all go in order to make more space for love, light and happiness.

Before I turn in for the night, I want to send out some virtual juicy blessings to all my fellow juice feasters, past and present, as well as all my number 1 fans from the sidelines. Without all your cheers and smiles my juicer(Beauty) and I would feel very lonely......

BIG HUGS AND KISSES!

Kyle

7 comments:

B said...

Let the races begin! Looks like you are up to a flying start as you are bounding through the start line in fine form, beautifully researched and optimally prepared. The details of ordering the fridge are minor and will come with time. Soon you will find your routines and stick to them. You will be churning out those juices like a professional, green fingernails and all. Already, you are shining like a juicing star, and your blog does look nice in green. So I think you should keep it. What better way to inspire. As much green as possible is the name of the game. We missed the two for one tonight--we were at a trapezing, cabaret duet extravaganza, but do keep us informed, as we may still want to run and collect the goods. Someone has to drink the delicious by-products of that fantastic ice cream they make, and I am happy to help them out, at a discount.

Congrats on starting your feast! I am looking forward to tracking your progress.

big x
raw b

B said...

PS, we have a "bleeding heart" plant in our living room, also called a clerodendron, resilient, but dramatic--it totally droops when it needs water. I think we have almost killed it twice. I am starting to refer to it as our fourth cat due to its (hopefully) apparent nine lives. They are fabulous, viney, enchanting. Hopefully ours will bloom once it recovers again from its most recent bout of watering negligence....

Carrie Cegelis said...

Juicy Kyle!
Hooray for Day One!
I can already tell your blog will be enchanting - I am so excited to see how your experience unfolds! Oh, you are in for some treats, the real one being in the center of your heart, of course. I see you've already landed the 2-for-1, good girl! Now you're hooked....dangerous :)
Lots of juicy love to you - remember to get to bed, girl!
Talk soon, big hugs.....
xx Carrie

MiandO said...

Awww.....thanks ladies, you're the best!! I am definitely drawing on your wisdom's left and right to guide me through this process, which I am forever grateful for. Thank you for being the first juicefeasting queens and working out the kinks for all of us amateurs in tow.
So far so good, but woke up feeling HUNGRY this morning....I think I drank too much sweet coconut water at the wee hours...you're right it is dangerous--but SOOO delicious! :)
Ok, time to get Beauty revved up!
xxkyle

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Hooray Kyle!!

Just found your blog and glad we did, it looks beautiful!!

Congratulations on Day 1!! We are right there beside you baby!

With love and blessings,

David and Katrina

Ben Kaelan said...

Yay!!! It sounds like you had an awesome day! :)

I actually looked up Pure Food & Wine today on google maps because I wanted to know in what part of town it's in. I need to get a hotel in that general area because I want to LIVE in Sarma's restaurant when I come to NYC in April! :) Those plans are materializing!!! :) I'm coming soon!!! :)

Katrina Rainoshek gave me some really good advice during my first few days when I had really INTENSE hunger cravings; she told me to add a bit of salt to my juice to help curb those cravings. Totally works; I often add 1/8-1/4 of a teaspoon worth of Himalayan salt to my green juice in the morning and feel MUCH better. :) Just something I thought I would share with you :)

- Ben

Anonymous said...

I managed to find my way on to your blog just to find out what an 'Italian Stallion' was - it sounded kinda sexy to me, I admit that I was intrigued. I am so glad I did - coming upon your beautifully written, witty and insightful musings is a true pleasure to find. Welcome Kyle! Looking forward to delighting evermore in your musings on this wonderful journey. With love, Poppy